(1) pumpkins straight from the field, like these brought over yesterday from the neighbor farm's teenage son. Great little business he's got going there (okay, I liked it better when their farmhand came by and told me to go get some pumpkins). And colors, so happy-orange, that still haven't been matched by any paints, pigments or dyes that I've seen.
(2) that golden hour, sometime around 5pm here, when the sun stretches her rays over the land for one last warm hug before saying good-night.
(3) a steamy hot pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks...one of life's little luxuries. had my first one of the season yesterday, the first of many.
(4) this is the first fall we've had our hens, but I know a new fall favorite will be watching these silly girls scurry about in the late afternoon catching their last little bug snacks while the light's still good.
(5) wide open windows, after a long sticky summer, feel like heaven.
oh well, that's enough from me. what about you? what do you love about the changing of the season?